In response to industry demand and our customer’s needs, Rayotek has created a separate grinding facility dedicated to massive grinding operations. Our 5-Axis Grinding System was built after a 3-year engineering project to design the ultimate system for precision grinding and polishing large workpieces. Rayotek’s customized 5-Axis Grinder produces diamond-ground glass, borosilicate, fused quartz, alumina and glass-ceramic materials to virtually any shape.
Rayotek’s massive 5-Axis Grinder turns dreams into reality. Rapid production times along with high precision completely eliminates the need for slower, more traditional grinding methods. In addition, Rayotek’s massive 5-Axis Grinding System can generate shapes and sizes not achievable with other systems.
Typical materials that can be easily ground and polished on our
massive Grinding System:
- Alumina, zirconia, silicon carbide & other refractory materials
- Heraeus TSC series fused quartz & Spectrosil® 2000 fused silica
- Schott Zerodur® glass-ceramic & BK7 optical glass
- Astrosital® glass-ceramic
- Ohara Clearceram® (CCZ) glass-ceramic & BSL7 optical glass
- Corning 7980 fused silica & 7972 ULE® glass-ceramic
- Momentive 124 and 144 fused quartz
Applications that benefit from Rayotek’s Massive 5-Axis Grinding solution:
- Large Optics Blanks – for fast, low-cost large optics, molded and/or precision ground to near net shapes
for master opticians
- Finish Grinding on Cast & Pressed Blanks - for precision, finish grinding on cast large blanks made of of alumina, silicon carbide & other ceramics & refractories
- Massive Optics & Mirrors – for massive astronomy telescopes
- Large Diameter Domes & Spheres – for deep sea submersible, ROVER & lighting
- Large-size Ceramic & Fused Quartz Dies - for metal forming & superplastic metal forming
- Ceramic Nozzles – rocket & missile applications
- Large Thermally Stable Lithography Bases - low expansion materials precision ground to support
- Inspection & QA Tables & Bases – Massive, thermally & mechanically stable inspection tables, tooling & fixturing
- Large scale models – for large-scale size models made from stone, glass, ceramic & stone
What makes our Massive 5-Axis Grinding System capable of achieving so much more than any other service available:
• Unprecedented accuracy for such a large working envelope:
|5-Axis Grinding System Work Envelope/Accuracy
|Maximum Grinding X-axis
|Maximum Grinding Y-axis
|Maximum Grinding Z-axis
|Maximum Outside Diameter
|Approximate Accuracy Across Entire Footprint*
|* Actual machine accuracy is determined by part design, size and material type.
Greater precision can be achieved for smaller parts.
- Onsite laser mapping of the entire machine for higher accuracy
- In-situ touch probe for establishing and adjusting toolpath.
- Delcam Software System to generate highly accurate G-code for even the most complex curved, facet free surfaces
- An in-house master 5-Axis grinding engineer
- An in-house, world class master optician
- 21 years of experience with diamond grinding complex, optical surfaces
CLICK HERE for more information on Rayotek's large workpiece manufacturing capabilities.